Now i do not know about you, however i find that after a fabulous season of being able to harvest delicious veggies from the ground it always feels a little hard and uninspiring to watch the plants die off and your natural larder depletes.
On Monday with a touch of the ‘glums’ i spent some time removing all the last crops and with a touch of olive oil, seasoning and the last herbs i cooked up a medley of veg and served them with some bangin cheese scones.
Yep, i am going to do it, i am having a ‘Delia’ moment because i was so proud of my efforts.
- oven – very hot (220′C) for maybe 10-12 mins.
- Add to 8oz flour, (strong white with a touch of wholemeal)
- 1 heaped tsp of baking powder
- and 1/2 tsp bicarb
- Melt 2oz butter with tsp of dijon mustard.
- add above together.
- Grate in cheese, lots for me…6oz
- and finally add table spoon of live yog and just enough milk
- until it binds together so that you can cut it into the relevant shapes.
- Put it in the oven and await the allotted time before reminding yourself how good winter food can be :-)
Yum, Yum, Yum….